Monday, June 4, 2007

Resurrection

Once upon a time, I had a blog. It was a friendly enough place, easy to read. Bits of humor here and there, commentaries on life as a new stepmom and play-by-plays on How (not) to Blend a Family. I even made some friends.

Then, I deleted the blog, abandoned the friends. Sh*t happened and, boy, did I get a big, nasty dose of it. I found out that, indeed, the Brady Bunch are just a fantasy. Thanks a lot, Sherwood Schwarz. I have earned my ugly stepmother wart. No matter how hard I tried to be nice, caring, loving, and so-sweet-even-Miss-Melly-would-be-jealous, sh*t happened. And happened. And happened. Of course, I took it all personally. It was my fault that the kids didn't get along with me. It was my fault that some of them refused to accept the marriage. It was my fault that the teenagers were rebelling.

BUT...

Through the miracle of the Soundless Sound, I am bouncing back. I have taken refuge in my faith and am beginning to realize that the sh*t isn't my fault! I can't take responsibility for other people's problems anymore.

Slowly, I'm letting all the sh*t go. Why, I hear you ask, did I want to hold on to it in the first place? Wouldn't we all like to know! Nevertheless, I did hold on to it. Heck, I wallowed in it. But no more.

Now I am back, or at least I'm making the effort. A friend gave me a huge shot in the arm and I am eternally grateful to know that SOMEBODY CARED! Thank you, my friend.

So, here we go with Phase II of The Brady Project. Galen's back... and this time, it's for real.

3 comments:

redsneakz said...

Welcome back!

Chris said...

OMG......it's true!

You really are back! Great to hear from you. Kudzen....love it!

Charles said...

"Hi-diddly-ho, neighbor-ino"

That was so Ned Flanders of me. Anyway, Welcome back.