Friday, June 15, 2007

Working for the weekend

Well, we are on the leading edge of the weekend. My stress level is nearing critical maximum.

My firm finally crept up out of the Dark Ages and decided to pay us by Direct Deposit. Well, wouldn't you know it, they deposited my paycheck in THE WRONG ACCOUNT! I just got off the phone with HR and they assured me they'd have a wire transfer to me within the half hour. We'll see.

This is NOT a good thing to hear when in just a few hours my husband and I will be hauling four boys 300 miles away for a weekend at my mother's house. We are going to be so busy tomorrow, it ain't even funny. We have a Civil War reenactment, a town's centennial celebration (including a carnival), and a minor league baseball game to attend (and I've already bought and paid for the tickets). All this AND a birthday to worry about (Joshua, Mr. Brady's youngest, turns 11 tomorrow).

It's a good thing I colored my hair last night (actually, Mr. Brady colored it for me - ain't he sweet?), or I'd be completely gray right now. I'm only 32 years old!

Actually, having just typed all that, I feel a lot better now. Isn't it something how just letting it all out can help you see things a little clearer? Recently Jeff blogged about his own battle with complaining. Sometimes, and this is just my own opinion, complaining a little isn't so bad... just as long as it isn't excessive. A bit of a grumble here or there can actually be theraputic, just to let the bad feelings out. The important thing is to let it out, then let it go.

Have a great weekend. Happy Father's Day, if it applies to you.

3 comments:

Shan said...

lol... man... dodgy HR, they're setting a poor example for the rest of the field... don't worry, when I get out there, I'm gonna endeavor to change this stereotype!

Chris said...

I can't see how they screwed that up! Our third party payroll company runs a trial deposit for each new employee's first payroll (they get a check from me instead) to insure there are no problems. I know some companies don't do that and this is exactly why:(

Hope you have a fun re-enactment. Trevor is dying for an authentic uniform before we go to the one in Gatlinburg in July. Those things are ridiculously expensive!

Happy Fathers day to Mr. Brady!

Jeff said...

Yep, I am still confused over the "to complain or to not complain" thing. The sermon made complete sense to me. I wish I could just remember it. ;)

http://psychosomaticwit.blogspot.com